Wednesday 15 April 2015

The Music of Temptation: Verity Jacobs

Pretty much the second I finished The Science of Attraction, I went back to Amazon and purchased The Music of Temptation.


Blurb:

Margot Duke can’t keep her long-distance relationship alive any more than she can the cells that are supposed to be taking center stage in her PhD thesis. Both seem to be suffering an inexplicably long and drawn-out death, and she’s spent more than enough time fretting about it, without any solution in sight.

It figures that the one day she chooses to pack it all in and stop caring is the day she meets Jonathan Young.

Jonathan swings through town with his band, just long enough to knock Margot off her feet, and leave her feeling a little giddy in his wake. The encounter proves once and for all that her inter-continental love affair is over, but can she really stomach the idea of starting another one right on its heels? And with the darling of the indie rock world at that?

Review: 4 Stars

The quality and style of writing is similar to the first book.  A really enjoyable read.  I couldn't put it down.  However, I preferred the storyline of the first book to this one for a few reasons.  For starters, I don't really like reading about angsty long distance relationships.  They're hard on the main characters and hard on my heart.  However, I did like how Margot's labmates rally to support her.  

Like Tom, from the first book, Jonathan is a go-all-night sort (rivals for Gideon Cross, perhaps?)  It's hot and all, but after a while, I started to feel bad for real men who have to compete with the likes of these guys.

Here's my plug for a bonus chapter on Jonathan's POV following their performance in Lisbon.   I'd like to know where his head was at while Margot prepared for her review and the conference.  Also, I'd like more information on any emails that might have been diverted in that timeframe.  This was mentioned in the book, but never picked up on again.

I can't wait for The Risk of Seduction and will be keeping an eye out for a publication date.  Hopefully sooner than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment